Saturday, April 2, 2011

Life After Moab

Well... Falling down a mountain is no fun. I hate having broken bones, a deaf left ear, and some kind of "brain injury". I wish I could reverse time and stop myself from falling down a mountain. I can't finish my season of snowboarding, which is very sad seeing as this is the first season I have had a coach and been able to compete. Snowbird usually has an ending day of July 4th! Maybe I'll be able to go on that day. This summer I won't really be able to do much of anything other than watch all my friends have fun. My doctor said that I can't do anything for 3 months due to my brain injury. It sucks that all my favorite things to do include falling and getting hurt. Can't skateboard, bike, motorcycle, jump on the tramp, or anything I like for 3 whole months! Having a cast on my right hand sucks as well because, I can't even use my thumb. Which is a very important thing to use. I can't write, hold my drum stick, use forks with my right hand... Nothing! The one thing that I will take away from this experience as a good memory is, the fact that after my fall, I realized how many friends and people I have around me that care about me and want the best of me. I can also say that this experience has put me a lot closer to God. I can only think that the reason I'm still alive after that fall was because God was protecting me. I hope my recovery is as quick as it has been and I can get back to normal life soon enough. It sucks to have to sit at home all day and not do anything active or see my friends. Hopefully I can get back to school soon and have better days. Hopefully I don't fall down anymore mountains anytime soon.

6 comments:

  1. its kaitlyn. and yes i'm creeping on you. but dawg, you're the shitttt. you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Just cause your reading my blog doesn't mean your creeping on me. And thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christian, Christian, Christian, who are you trying to kid? I'm totally creeping on you. :) But thats okay, cause I think we can be friends even thought I like to creep on you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, the last thing I thought was that you were creeping on me. I thought you were just reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. Well. I like creeping on you. Its quite fun. I mean, your bedroom window is so nice to sit and look into, ya know? ;) Just kidding. I just like cyber stalking you.... No worries...

    ReplyDelete
  6. No thumb-you can't even knit! I'm sorry it's tough. I can't imagine! You're so much like Tyler and if he couldn't do his sports either-well it would be his worst nightmare. You have so many people who love and care about you. Never forget that and know that you can always come to any of us for ANYTHING! God loves you so much and he must have an amazing plan for you. Just be continue to follow his will and you'll see it come to fruition!

    ReplyDelete