There was an error in this gadget

Monday, May 9, 2011

Oh How Our God Gives

Well happy Mothers Day everybody! Hope you all celebrated it well and told your moms how much you love them. I always use days like this to look back at my life and see all that God has given me. I live in an incredible place with so many opportunities and things given to me and I take that for granted a lot of the time. I have had incredible relationships with friends, family, mentors and more. I feel a bit spoiled by God and want to help others and let them see the life that I am given. I want to do many mission trips and many service trips throughout my life. Hopefully people will see the that the life I was given was not by my choice, but by Gods. Every time I think about how less fortunate countries must think of the United States, they think "Those Americans are just handed everything on a plate and they don't care about the world." Which in a lot of cases is actually true. I can think of tons of times where I have said that I felt bad for other people, but have done nothing to help them. God has definitely given me a new pair of eyes and I'm seeing the world in a whole different way. I used to think I never wanted to go to developing countries to help out because it would be gross and I wouldn't like it, now I can't think any way other than wanting to help all those people. The lives that they live are so basic that it's kind of a miracle for me to even think that I have shoes, a home, blankets... All the "American" basic needs. Thank you God for everything you do for me and everything that you have given me. I call you father, dad, papa... Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment